Kids will love that it's as tasty as it is cute. If you're in a rush, you can substitute pancake mix so you can hightail it out of the kitchen in no time.—Shannon Roum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Banana slices, miniature semisweet chocolate chips, whipped cream and sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg, milk and melted butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- For each bunny, make a pancake 4 in. wide for the body, a pancake 2-1/2 in. wide for the head, two small oval-shaped pancakes for the feet and two small triangular pancakes for the ears. Spoon batter onto griddle; cook until bubbles form on top of pancakes. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- To form bunny, place ears at the top of a plate. Place head slightly overlapping the bottom of the ears; top with body slightly overlapping head and feet slightly overlapping body. Place a banana slice on each foot; arrange mini chocolate chips at the end of each foot for toes. Dollop whipped cream on body just above the feet; sprinkle with coconut for the tail. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 bunnies.
Originally published as Fluffy Bunny Pancakes in How-To's Winter 2017