My four best friend and I frequently rely on this recipe. Alongside English muffins and fresh fruit, this frittata makes a hearty, wholesome breakfast. —Sheryl Holsten, Alexandria, Minnesota
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, milk, flour and paprika until smooth. Add Swiss cheese. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture.
- Pour over onion in skillet; cover and cook on medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Bacon-Cheese Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p166