Flowering Peach Puffs
Prepared puff pastry makes it easy to create these tempting treats layered with a creamy homemade spread. Peach "petals" and a fresh raspberry center add the final floral touches.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups very thinly sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 fresh raspberries
- On a lightly floured surface; roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out six circles with a floured 3-1/2-in round cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut leaves from the scraps, using a floured 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter; place on baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Split pastry circles in half. Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over the bottom half of each; replace tops. Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture on the top of each. Arrange peach slices in an overlapping circular pattern on the cream cheese layer. Garnish each with a raspberry and puff pastry leaves.
Originally published as Flowering Peach Puffs in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.