I adapted this recipe from the back of a frozen dinner roll package. What's great is that you can prepare these the night before and bake them in the morning. They make a lasting impression on guests when they step into the kitchen and smell the sweet aroma. —Celinda Skogsberg, Brooklyn, New York
Recommended: Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or flavors of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let yogurt stand at room temperature 15 minutes. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add yogurt, oil and sugar. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Add to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; punch down. Divide and shape dough into 13 balls. For center of flower, combine two balls and place in the center of a greased pizza pan. Place remaining balls around center, allowing room for balls to rise. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Depress centers of petals and pistil; fill each with 1 teaspoon jam. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 11 petal rolls plus center roll.
Originally published as Flower Petal Sweet Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p168
Reviews forFlower Petal Sweet Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review