Flower Garden Salad
The fragrance and flavor of this salad is outstanding. Pick the blossoms early in the morning. ѿMary Kay Dixson, Catlin, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 to 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup packed rose petals
- 1 cup nasturtium petals, if available
- 1 cup marigold blossoms, if available
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh lemon thyme
- 1/3 cup raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss greens, flowers and thyme. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Originally published as Flower Garden Salad in Birds & Blooms April/May 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.