Flower Garden Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O® Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Red or yellow food coloring, optional
- OPTIONAL DECORATIONS:
- 24 large marshmallows
- Colored sugar
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Pierce cupcake tops with fork. In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Spoon over cup cakes. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Tint whipped topping with food color if desired; frost cupcakes.
- For BUNNYMALLOW decorations, slice each marshmallow into 5 rounds crosswise. Press one cut side of each slice into colored sugar. Arrange slices on cupcakes to resemble flower petals. Refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Flower Garden Cupcakes in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2009