Flower Garden Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O® Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Red or yellow food coloring, optional
- OPTIONAL DECORATIONS:
- 24 large marshmallows
- Colored sugar
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Pierce cupcake tops with fork. In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Spoon over cup cakes. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Tint whipped topping with food color if desired; frost cupcakes.
- For BUNNYMALLOW decorations, slice each marshmallow into 5 rounds crosswise. Press one cut side of each slice into colored sugar. Arrange slices on cupcakes to resemble flower petals. Refrigerate until serving.