Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache Recipe
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Line the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease the paper. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and wine over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold in chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until outer edges are set (center will jiggle). Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Transfer to a serving platter.
- 6. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and rosemary just to a boil. Remove from the heat; discard rosemary. Pour cream over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake. Chill until set. Yield: 16 servings.
To Make Ahead: Cake can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
1 slice: 435 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache
"Wow! This cake was great and I wouldn't have thought it could get any better until the rosemary ganache was added. This is a must try!"
"Absolutely awesome. I get requests to make this!!!"