Flounder with Mushroom and Onion Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (6 each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper in 2 teaspoons oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in bread crumbs. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice; spread evenly with vegetable mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 15, 2014
I had smaller flounder filets, so I decreased the mushrooms and chopped them before cooking. The dish was different and reminded me of stuffed shells. Fresh ingredients are key.
Mar 18, 2013
Light dish - my husband enjoyed this. I served it with rice and steamed vegetables.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.