Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with red pepper, cucumber and onion. Combine the soy sauce, oil and ginger; drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 13, 2014
Dang, it sounded good, but mine turned into packets of mush! Yuck...the flounder was fresh when I bought it, but I froze it....perhaps that made this happen even though I dried them on paper towels 1st?!
Feb 20, 2013
Baked this the other day ago. It tastes excellent, the fish comes out perfectly cooked, and it is simple to prepare. Can't ask for more than that.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.