- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fillets.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over fillets; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFlounder Florentine
"So delicious and quick. Even the kids loved it."
"Saw a review that said it was bland so I added a little more spices, some smoked sea salt and old bay with garlic. Since I love nutmeg in these types of dishes I added a wee bit more. I used fresh spinach and topped it off with some bottled artichokes that I had in the pantry. This was outstanding!!! I would definitely make this again!!"
"I made a double batch of this and brought some over to my parents. Very simple and delicious. Melts in your mouth. This is a keeper. Will make again and again. I did add one slice of American cheese to the sauce."
"I was disappointed. I read all the great reviews and found it very bland. Usually I have better luck with these recipes!"
"This is so good - I made it twice in a week! Layered asparagus spears on top of the flounder - so yummy!"
"i am trying to introduce fish into the family diet. I was looking for a different type of fish in the market, but came home with this instead. I didn't have the frozen spinach, but a bag of fresh. So we made the fish as directed, and made a spinach salad on the side! It was quick, simple, and every one cleaned their plates. Thanks for yet another simple meal!! :)"
"I did change it up a bit. First I used fresh halibut. I seasoned it and the spinach with salt and pepper.The onions I sweated with garlic. For the topping I used fresh grated parmesan and Hot paprika for a kick!Wonderful!"
"I loved this recipe because it's so healthy and yet doesnt take like it. It froze beautifully and was even better the next day."
"Really good, but it's a little bland. Could be because I used No Salt added spinach. But it was very good."