- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange marmalade and confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forFlorida Orange Cake
"Fabulous, but with changes even better--I use fresh orange juice, 1 t. vanilla extract,4 eggs and 1/4 c. sugar for cake. In the frosting I use fresh orange zest and juice."
"Wonderfully simple and really tasty. I didn't have any marmalade in the house, so I just used orange juice to taste."
"Love this cake. Very moist and delicious."