- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds grouper or red snapper fillets
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 12 slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, onions, bread crumbs, cilantro, jerk seasoning, garlic and salt. Place fish in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add to egg white mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Spray both sides of burgers with cooking spray. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve each on a roll with lettuce, avocado and 5 teaspoons tropical sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFloribbean Fish Burgers with Tropical Sauce
"I've made this recipe twice now, and it's been a HUGE hit both times, even with the kids! We like relatively spicy food, but I'd say this recipe is boldly flavored, but not too spicy. I made it gluten-free by using gluten-free bread crumbs in place of regular. Very, very tasty!"
"The sauce was excellent. The fish was good, but a little spicy. I think I will lay off on the caribbean spice a bit next time. In all it was good though."