- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2-1/2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in large saucepan; add broccoli and cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, broccoli and cauliflower; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter. Place one sheet of puff pastry on a piece of waxed paper; brush with butter. Spoon half of the vegetable mixture along one long side of pastry. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seams and ends to seal. brush top with melted butter. Carefully place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. repeat with remaining dough and vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice with a serrated knife. Yield: 2 strudels (4-6 servings each).
Reviews forFloret Cheese Strudel
"Very good, and perfect. I think I got more flavor from using buttermilk instead of real milk, and only having parmesan and cheddar, rather than mozzarella cheese. but perfect. Didn't really think it needed extra seasoning."
"Love this recipe....it's such a cool way to serve vegetables! It was a bit bland so i added salt, pepper, onion powder and nature's seasoning and some more cheddar cheese. Beautiful!"