Floret Cabbage Slaw
For a salad that's on the crunchy side, try this simple slaw from Arlene Hole of Mebane, North Carolina. "With its blend of broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, this side dish goes well with most any meal," she notes. "I often take it to church functions."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 118 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Floret Cabbage Slaw in Light & Tasty February/March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.