Florentine Almond Artichoke Mounds
I always enjoyed traditional artichoke cheese dip, and for a drinks and appetizer party, wanted to create a new appetizer that was a spin on that. This original creation is a bit reminiscent of the dip recipe, and works well on a buffet. —Sherry Johnston, Green Cove Springs, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 minutes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped or sliced almonds, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse artichoke bottoms; pat dry with paper towels. Combine spinach with cream, Swiss cheese and 1/2 cup almonds; mix in garlic, horseradish, salt and pepper. Place artichoke bottoms on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mound spinach mixture on artichokes; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake until almonds turn golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 243 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Florentine Almond Artichoke Mounds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.