- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) pizza sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with celery, onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and salt.
- 2. Combine biscuit mix and milk just until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 9-in. circle; place over meat mixture.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean. Invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with cheeses.
1 piece: 385 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 22, 2009
This recipe quickly became a favorite in my house. I use a small (8oz) can of tomato sauce instead of the pizza sauce and it works out just fine. It reheats well too. Now that we have two children I usually make it on evenings when my husband is out of town. Its quick, easy and it only dirties one dish!