Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) pizza sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumble beef into a microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with celery, onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and salt.
- Combine biscuit mix and milk just until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 9-in. circle; place over meat mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean. Invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with cheeses.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2009
This recipe quickly became a favorite in my house. I use a small (8oz) can of tomato sauce instead of the pizza sauce and it works out just fine. It reheats well too. Now that we have two children I usually make it on evenings when my husband is out of town. Its quick, easy and it only dirties one dish!