- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Reviews forFlaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes
"I made this into a waffle mix by adding 1-2 more Tbsp. of oil. I used coconut oil. My (70-yr-old) friend said these are the best waffles he's ever eaten!! Light, fluffy, and delicious!!!"
"My husband says he believes these are the BEST pancakes he's ever eaten! Plus, we're trying to eat healthy, so- it's a "win-win"! I like mine topped with honey and walnuts."
"Excellent pancake, love the healthy addition of flaxseed! I added blueberries."
"These were fantastic! I have tried several healthy versions of pancakes and this one is the winner!"
"YUM! Great texture and taste. I served them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh mixed berries on top"
"Surprisingly tasty spread with cream cheese and syrup. Double the recipe to feed more than 2 though."
"These were sooo good, my 20 month old couldn't eat enough (literally I had to cut her off). I also ground up the flax seeds, used old fashioned oats, and I realized halfway into the recipe I was out of eggs and it turned out perfect and delicious."
"This is one of the best pancake recipes I've make in a long time. Will make again and again. I put apple syrup and strawberries on top. Yum!!"
"3/2011 These have a perfect flavor. I added some frozen blueberries once they were on the griddle and it was a perfect addition!! Update 2/23/14 I made this recipe again today! But with out the blueberries! I just love TOH recipes. It was funny I went to review this recipe and saw that I have but in 2011. This just goes to show how much I love making their recipes, that i have made so many...I forgot which ones I make after awhile."
"The flavor is excellent!"