Flavorful Summer Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme and salt. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 83 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2014
Excellent flavor! Will be making again
Nov 29, 2012
I did not really like this at all. It had a medicine-like flavor which had to be from the combination of herbs.
Jul 26, 2010
My husband loved it and he is not usually into semi-healthy foods and this tasted Great!