- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Sloppy Joes
"Great recipe. Not greasy, and it has lots of flavor. I'm sure it could be made with ground chicken, or even TVP."
"Sauce was very tasty. Loved the fact that it is just enough for 2 people."
"Made this recipe for my son and his friends. The best I have every made! I added red pepper flakes for an extra zing. Will be sending it to school in my sons lunch box. Yes he still takes his lunch in high school."
"Family loved it! I added a 1/2 Tablespoon of chili powder! It was great!"
"My husband loved it."
"this is the best sloppy joe I ever ate!"
"This recipe lives up to its name... it is very flavorful. My favorite sloppy joe recipe.."
"My favorite sloppy Joe recipe. Because I like red peppers, I also add some chopped red peppers. It is easy and I think the flavor is great."
"Very easy recipe, and much less "sloppy" than my other recipe. This one is a keeper."