Flavorful Sausage Balls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 162 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 19, 2015
We didn't care for this recipe but I can't put my finger on exactly what we didn't like.
Nov 29, 2010
Made this several times. We like them with italian bread crumbs used in the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.