Flavorful Sausage Balls
I whip up a batch of these meatballs in a matter of minutes. They're great for busy days when you need something fast that's full of flavor. But we like them so much, I make them even on days I have time to spare.—Olive Lamb, Cushing, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 162 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 19, 2015
We didn't care for this recipe but I can't put my finger on exactly what we didn't like.
Nov 29, 2010
Made this several times. We like them with italian bread crumbs used in the recipe.