Flavorful Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, rice, tomatoes, onions, celery, spinach and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 181 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 19, 2013
This was surprisingly tasty! It went pretty quick at my house and found it to be a great change of pace from mayo based cold salads.
Feb 12, 2012
I love this salad, and so does my family. I make it with Ken's Steakhouse Zesty italian dressing, and maybe a little extra spinach. Delicious.
Jan 10, 2010
This salad is WONDERFUL!! Every time I make it I have a hard time not eating it all myself.