- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Pot Roast
"Did a 2 1/2 # pot roast with half the mixes and turned out perfect. Only there wasn’t much gravy and I added 2 c water and didn’t add beef bouillon to make up for it so it wasn’t as tasty as it could have been. I served the gravy over the roast and mashed potatoes. My husband is a chef and he said the roast was amazing and moist. I will make this from now on but will make sure to make the gravy to match."
"Loved this recipe!!! The only thing that I changed was I substituted with 32 oz of beef broth and added diced golden potatoes with carrots. Excellent recipe."
"We did not like this at all. It was too salty from all the packaged mixes. I will not be making this again."
"My family has enjoyed this dish for years now! Everyone LOVES this meal!"
"carolbrummett, then tweek the recipe to suite your taste buds. and yes, these recipes are by real cooks. have a nice day. :)"
"Delicious as written. But beef broth i/of water even more flavorful."
"This was really good. I only used one roast."
"The best pot roast ever. Have made this many times and you can't beat it for easy and sooooo tasty!"