- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread desired amount over a pizza crust or transfer to a storage container. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week or may be frozen for up to 6 months. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forFlavorful Pizza Sauce
"Hubby likes it. Thumbs up!"
"Delicious!!! My husband made this sauce with the THIN CRUST PIZZA DOUGH recipe and it was AMAZING!!!! Best pizza ever!!!!"
"This was fantastic and so easy! So flavorful Will definitely make again."
"Ms. Cheryl, you are my HERO! I too have had an extremely difficult time finding/making a pizza sauce that is 100% to our liking! THIS IS IT! We make a ton and freeze it (one could also can it if they prefer...which I intend to do in the future...make a super large batch and can it)! EXCELLENT SAUCE!"
"Sauce was wonderful! Made as written but used no salt tomato sauce and only added 1/4 teaspoon salt. Was perfect for our low salt diet and husband is wanting to know when we can have pizza again. It is just the two of us so being able to freeze extra sauce is perfect. Thanks for the great recipe."
"I made this last night & it was wonderful, truly! I always just threw in oregano, basil & garlic but this makes mine look sad. I coupled it with the Thin crust pizza dough recipe that was on the same page."
"so amazing with fresh mozzarella!"
"This was my first pizza sauce recipe and it was really good. I would definitly make it again."