Flavorful Oniony Asparagus
As a working mom with four children, I don't have much time to cook big meals during the week. But on Sundays, when I make a special meal, this is our favorite way to enjoy asparagus. —Kathy Mitchell, Tinley Park, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan or skillet over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add soup mix. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Remove asparagus to a serving dish. Drizzle with butter mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 68 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Flavorful Oniony Asparagus in Reminisce March/April 2005