Flavorful Meat Loaf Wellington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup soup, onion, ketchup, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 9x5-in. rectangle and place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover the top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream and remaining soup. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with meat loaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 31, 2013
I really liked this recipe. I cut it down it down to half all the ingredients because it's just 2 of us. I used regular cream of mushroom soup and I don't like crescent rolls so I just used the pie crust in my refrigerator. I was a bit wary of how it would taste but it was REALLY good! And my husband cleaned his plate and went back for seconds! The only thing I didn't like was the "sauce" I ended up just using regular beef gravy. Will def keep this as a regular recipe!
Jun 18, 2012
This meatloaf is a "regular' in my recipe lineup! The golden mushroom soup adds a delicious twist to the flavor and everyone I serve it to just raves! For my family I divide the loaf in half, bake on parchment, serve one loaf and freeze the other.
Jan 21, 2012
This was OK, but I prefer another recipe on here (My Mom's Meat Loaf Wellington). This one is simpler and has less and more common ingredients, though.