Flavorful Meat Loaf Wellington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup soup, onion, ketchup, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 9x5-in. rectangle and place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover the top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream and remaining soup. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with meat loaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 31, 2013
I really liked this recipe. I cut it down it down to half all the ingredients because it's just 2 of us. I used regular cream of mushroom soup and I don't like crescent rolls so I just used the pie crust in my refrigerator. I was a bit wary of how it would taste but it was REALLY good! And my husband cleaned his plate and went back for seconds! The only thing I didn't like was the "sauce" I ended up just using regular beef gravy. Will def keep this as a regular recipe!
Jun 18, 2012
This meatloaf is a "regular' in my recipe lineup! The golden mushroom soup adds a delicious twist to the flavor and everyone I serve it to just raves! For my family I divide the loaf in half, bake on parchment, serve one loaf and freeze the other.
Jan 21, 2012
This was OK, but I prefer another recipe on here (My Mom's Meat Loaf Wellington). This one is simpler and has less and more common ingredients, though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.