- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and mustard. Whisk in vinegar and oil until well mixed. Stir in parsley. In a shallow serving dish, layer half of the tomato and onion slices. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Marinated Tomatoes
"Made these yesterday and let them marinate overnight. Unlike normal sliced tomatoes, I almost shaved these along with the purple onion on the mandolin, then layered it as recipe stated and drizzled with dressing. Since I don't care to EAT the actual onions but love the flavor, it was easy to pick them out and put on DH's plate.Appy_Girl, I never would have thought about the addition of celery leaves but that sounds like an EXCELLENT idea! Served the tomato salad with fresh corn on the cob, Asian grilled pork tenderloin and pot stickers dipped in the Asian sauce.salad was quite refreshing, as well as colorful. Thanks for the recipe !"
"Great way to use my bumper crop of tomatoes!"