Flavorful Marinated Sirloin Steak
"I marinate the sirloin overnight, so that it takes only a few minutes on the grill," says Agnes Ward from Stratford, Ontario. "And this marinade is good to the last drop!"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 245 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Mar 12, 2015
My family loves this marinated sirloin and frequently requests it. I don't make steak any other way!
Jan 18, 2009
We marinated our roast all night and thought this was an excellent recipe. Pat