Flavorful Marinated Sirloin Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 245 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Mar 12, 2015
My family loves this marinated sirloin and frequently requests it. I don't make steak any other way!
Jan 18, 2009
We marinated our roast all night and thought this was an excellent recipe. Pat
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.