Flavorful Marinara Turkey Meatballs
This is a great way to add ground turkey into your diet. They are so full of flavor and will become a favorite in your family.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven; add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Meatballs in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.