Flavorful Mac and Cheese
It's a snap to stir together this zesty macaroni and cheese dish, thanks to the Mexican-seasoned process cheese sauce. "If your family prefers a little less zip, use the original flavor for equally satisfying results," adds Sandy Buchanan of Lake Alfred, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (8 ounces) mild Mexican cheese sauce or process cheese sauce
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir in the cheese sauce until combined. Add remaining ingredients. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 478 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1585mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Flavorful Mac and Cheese in Quick Cooking March/April 1998