In Huntington, Connecticut, Kathy Kochiss relies on a recipe from a friend to fix this tasty tossed salad. "To save time, I take advantage of convenient ready-to-serve romaine in a bag as well as garlic-seasoned croutons for extra flavor," she adds.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons, optional
- Sliced red onion, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt if desired and pepper. In a salad bowl, combine romaine and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; add croutons and onion if desired. Toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p57
Reviews forFlavorful Lemony Caesar Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"It was a bit too oily tasting."