In Huntington, Connecticut, Kathy Kochiss relies on a recipe from a friend to fix this tasty tossed salad. "To save time, I take advantage of convenient ready-to-serve romaine in a bag as well as garlic-seasoned croutons for extra flavor," she adds.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons, optional
- Sliced red onion, optional
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. In a salad bowl, combine romaine and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; add croutons and onion if desired. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p57
Reviews forFlavorful Lemony Caesar Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"It was a bit too oily tasting."