Flavorful Lemony Caesar Salad
In Huntington, Connecticut, Kathy Kochiss relies on a recipe from a friend to fix this tasty tossed salad. "To save time, I take advantage of convenient ready-to-serve romaine in a bag as well as garlic-seasoned croutons for extra flavor," she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons, optional
- Sliced red onion, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt if desired and pepper. In a salad bowl, combine romaine and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; add croutons and onion if desired. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 15g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Lemony Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.