Flavorful Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Shrimp, pepper and a tasty lemon sauce dress up a packaged broccoli rice mix in this speedy main course. “I found the recipe years ago and have served it numerous times, always with success,” notes Lynn Corsaro of Florence, Colorado. “It’s a cinch to double for company, and guests always rave about it.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) broccoli au gratin rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, red pepper, onions, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter until shrimp turn pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel into prepared rice. Serve with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with remaining lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 907mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Garlic Shrimp in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.