Flavorful Lemon Chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, rice.
1 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Feb 28, 2017
No one liked this dish at all. First off the chicken was very dry and the sauce wasn't a sauce at all. It was thin like soup. Yes, I could add cornstarch and put it in a saucepan to thicken it, but the recipe was not written that way. The lemon flavor of the chicken was too powerful for enjoyment. Just not good.
Oct 5, 2014
This was very easy to make, however neither my husband nor I cared for it. We did like the sauce ( used FF sour cream) but thought the chicken lacked flavor. I won't be making this again. :(
Aug 7, 2014
The chicken was delicious and the texture was perfect after just 4 hours. The seasonings mix well and add a lot of flavor.
Dec 31, 1969
I loved how moist this chicken turned out. My husband is not a big fan of chicken but he loved the so I will definitely be making it more often!
Dec 31, 1969
This was a good recipe, but the chicken turned out a little dry. It was good dipped in the sauce, though.
Jan 27, 2013
Jan 18, 2013
<p>Delicious! Chicken was moist, tender and full of flavor. The lemon called for was just enough, not overwhelming. In fact, the sauce was great with the chicken and enhanced the nuttly flavor of the brown rice. This recipe is a keeper.</p>
Sep 29, 2012
The chicken was so moist and tender, we could cut it with a fork. I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream for the sauce. It came out wonderful!
Jun 9, 2012
This is AMAZING! Great with fat free sour cream.
Mar 26, 2012
This was absolutely amazing! At first I doubted the sauce, but it was wonderful too. The chicken has such a strong flavor :) The only thing I would suggest is less cooking time because my chicken was a little on the dry side. My husband and I still enjoyed it very much though!!!