Flavorful Italian Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash celery seed
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/3 cup broken uncooked spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add the broth, water vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add spaghetti. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 339 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1519mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2011
my daughter even liked it-and she's picky!
Oct 13, 2009
I tried this recipe last year and my family loved it. I omitted the mushrooms and pasta. I plan on making it this year too. This time I will use hot italian sausage for more spice.