- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash celery seed
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/3 cup broken uncooked spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add the broth, water vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add spaghetti. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Italian Soup
"my daughter even liked it-and she's picky!"
"I tried this recipe last year and my family loved it. I omitted the mushrooms and pasta. I plan on making it this year too. This time I will use hot italian sausage for more spice."