Flavorful Italian Pot Roast
I fix this pot roast when my grown children come over. I know it's one of their favorites, because all of them have asked for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 whole onion, studded with 2 whole cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water or red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Cooked egg noodles
- Rub roast with salt. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add all remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard onion. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve over noodles with gravy.