- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews forFlavorful Herb Bread
"We loved this bread."
"a great bread, made it many times"
"I tried this recipe today. I changed it slightly. I used 100% whole wheat instead of white and 1/2 cup fresh green onions instead of the dried onion. I also added a little garlic powder. I had a little trouble with the wet/dry ratio on this recipe which I think is why the top flopped in a little (maybe a little too much yeast for how much flour). I ended up adding a LOT more milk than this recipe calls for and 1/2 cup less flour. The flavor of this bread is delicious. It would be awesome with cheese or anything tomato based. Mmmmm."