This grilled flank steak can be served with a side dish for a more elegant entree or used to make fajitas at a casual gathering. —Lana Tess, Lakeland, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Grilled Flank Steak in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p66