Flavorful Green Beans
Green beans are a quick-cooking vegetable to begin with but using the microwave moves things along even faster. I rely on canned green beans when time is really tight and I sometimes add extra bacon to give the dish even more flavor.—Ernestine Beoughter, Lawrenceville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 1-qt. -safe bowl, combine all ingredients. cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring once.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 44 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Flavorful Green Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.