Green beans are a quick-cooking vegetable to begin with but using the microwave moves things along even faster. I rely on canned green beans when time is really tight and I sometimes add extra bacon to give the dish even more flavor.—Ernestine Beoughter, Lawrenceville, Illinois
Recommended: 56 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 1-qt. -safe bowl, combine all ingredients. cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Green Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p13
Reviews forFlavorful Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2011
"This is a great side dish for when something quick is needed. Simple but flavorful."