Flavorful Flank Steak
"This is a variation of an old Southern recipe with a Texas twist," relates Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas. "I've been making it at least once a month for the last 15 years. The overnight marinade gives the beef a wonderful taste."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Slice steak across the grain.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 235 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Flavorful Flank Steak in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Feb 18, 2014
We made this for a fancy Valentine's Day dinner at home. So yummy!~ Theresa
May 14, 2010
This is ABSOLUTELY the only way to marinate what I call a London Broil.SO GOOD!!!