"This is a variation of an old Southern recipe with a Texas twist," relates Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas. "I've been making it at least once a month for the last 15 years. The overnight marinade gives the beef a wonderful taste."
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Slice steak across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Flank Steak in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p10
Reviews forFlavorful Flank Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
"We made this for a fancy Valentine's Day dinner at home. So yummy!~ Theresa"
Reviewed May. 14, 2010
"This is ABSOLUTELY the only way to marinate what I call a London Broil.SO GOOD!!!"