"I'll often add leftover ham, pork or shrimp to this dish," indicates Edna Coburn of Tucson, Arizona.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook fettuccine in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add spinach and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and nutmeg. Add fettuccine and vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Flavorful Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 1999