- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped prunes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine water, dates, prunes and raisins. Cook over medium heat until fruit is softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; add margarine and stir until melted. Cool. Stir in egg substitute and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir in fruit mixture. Spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Dried Fruit Bars
"These were flavorful and imparted a wonderful aroma as they baked."
"Wonderful recipe. I made it gluten free and my fussy daughter loves them"