Flavorful Cranberry Stuffed Pork Chops
My family loves county-style cooking. But once in a while, I like to dress up down-home dishes and make them a little more special for company. A crunchy coating adds a nice touch to a traditional sausage loaf.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine the rosemary, sage, tarragon, salt and pepper; set half aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining seasonings and butter. Add bread cubes, cranberry sauce and water; toss to coat. Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon 1/4 cup stuffing into each pocket. Rub reserved seasonings over chops.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until pork juices run clear.