I came up with the recipe because I wanted something different to take to picnics beside potato or macaroni salad. It goes great with grilled chicken or fish.—Jennifer Addotta, New Freedom, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cook long grain rice and brown rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Add the celery, onion and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in almonds and sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Rice Salad in Healthy Cooking