Flavorful Cranberry Meat Loaf
A tangy cranberry sauce---with the interesting ingredient of sauerkraut---gives this meat loaf a holiday flavor. My mother and I have been making this recipe for years. - Denise Hoover, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
To make canned sauerkraut less salty, place it in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Drain well before using.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 333 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.