- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/3-in. thickness. Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Roll-Ups
"This dish is wonderful. My daughter asks for these all the time. I lightened it up by using reduced fat cheese (6 ounces instead of 10) and light butter (1/4 cup instead of a 1/2 cup). Still absolutely delicious and trimmed the calories back to 351 per serving with only 12 grams of fat.Be sure to try this recipe - WONDERFUL!"