- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (10 ounces) sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/3-in. thickness. Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick. Place flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the chicken. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Roll-Ups
"This dish is wonderful. My daughter asks for these all the time. I lightened it up by using reduced fat cheese (6 ounces instead of 10) and light butter (1/4 cup instead of a 1/2 cup). Still absolutely delicious and trimmed the calories back to 351 per serving with only 12 grams of fat.Be sure to try this recipe - WONDERFUL!"