Flavorful Chicken Pasta
“I came up with this recipe in college, hoping for a fancy, healthy dish to feed my roommate and me without any leftovers,” writes Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. “This pasta is excellent served with a green salad and warmed French bread.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add olives; heat through. Stir in sour cream until blended (do not boil). Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.